A strong planning process is the best way to create a strong, flexible financial plan.
A transparent, effective planning process is based on two key aspects of financial planning: protection and access to funds when needed. A plan must ensure liquidity, to allow its owner to access funds when needed. It must also take into account key stages of life. This can include preparing for events such as retirement.
With these goals in mind, the first step in building a comprehensive plan is to assess total financial planning needs. This involves a consideration of important milestones such as retirement, insurance, major purchases and educational costs, as well as ongoing financial management strategies. Once these factors are identified, the client is prepared to choose the products and services that best address his or her needs.
This goal-based financial planning approach is designed to help:
- Define customized short- and long-term goals that ensure only the right financial products and services are chosen
- Identify roadblocks or gaps that might impact the financial planning strategy
- Continually monitor the plan to ensure it meets changing needs and circumstances
Contact us today to find out more about my financial planning process and learn how a sound financial plan can help you achieve your goals.
What is Financial Planning?
Financial planning is about more than preparing for retirement. It’s about working to achieve short- and long-term goals, and helping protect the most important things in life.
A strong plan is developed in collaboration with a financial planner, and includes a balance of products that is flexible enough to meet changing needs across a client’s personal and professional life.
The first step to achieving a strong financial plan is creating an effective strategy that:
- Prepare for a secure, comfortable retirement
- Minimize current taxes
- Pro-actively manage and control debt
- Help prepare for a child’s college education
- Protect businesses and their employees